27 Jun Get Ready For Independence Day!
Next week on Wednesday will be our country’s Independence Day celebration. Are you ready to celebrate the birth date of our beautiful United States of America? To help you ease into the Fourth of July spirit, we compiled some interesting facts about this holiday. Read about them below:
- The Declaration of Independence was a letter written to Britain’s King George, declaring America a country free from British rule. *
- July 4th in 1776 was the day the Second Continental Congress accepted the Declaration of Independence, not the day that it was signed. *
- The Declaration of Independence is such an important document that it even served as inspiration for other countries looking to establish a new democratic rule. **
- July 4th wasn’t declared a federal holiday until almost after a whole century later, in 1870!! However, some states did celebrate the holiday separately previous to that as well.*
We have much to be grateful for in America. Everyone should try to remember the bold and courageous actions of the founding fathers as we spend this day with our friends and families. What an awesome tradition it has become to gather together, perhaps to grill up some of our favorite foods or gather outside on a picnic in the gorgeous summer weather. No matter the setting of your celebrations, miFLAVOUR is ready to help you plan your dessert menu. We are happy to custom-make any of your favorite treats in the patriotic colors of red, white, and blue; simply perfect for Independence Day. Experience a sparkling spectacle not only with your eyes this year, but also with your taste buds. Here are some examples to inspire you to create custom 4th of July desserts with us:
You can enjoy red, white, and blue chocolate covered strawberries:
Share some lovely macarons:
Celebrate with a beautiful cupcake:
Delight in a generous slice of cake:
As you can see, we are really excited for this holiday! So, what fun festivities are you planning this coming Independence Day? Leave a comment, we would love to hear all about your plans!
Also, we thank all of you for all the comments you left in the previous blog post YOUR FAVOURITES. We held a random drawing and the winner of the 5 macarons is Lidiya Ervin. Congrats Lidiya!!
* More Independence Day facts found at: www.history.com